A One Nation staffer in her 60s has been taken to hospital with a broken rib after she was allegedly assaulted while working at its stall at the Brisbane Ekka. The incident occurred a day after anti-Pauline Hanson and One Nation rallies were held across Australia.
One Nation has condemned the attack. According to the party, the woman was working at the One Nation stand at the Brisbane Showgrounds on Friday, August 14, when she was approached by four people.
A One Nation spokesperson told news.com.au that three women and a man were involved in the alleged attack, claiming the man grabbed the staffer, swung her around and punched her, while one of the women allegedly spat at her. The party said the woman was subsequently hospitalised with a broken rib.
Queensland Police have confirmed they are aware of an altercation at the Brisbane Showgrounds on August 14. Police said, however, that no formal complaint had been made at the time of reporting.
No arrests or charges have been announced in relation to the alleged assault.
One Nation has condemned the incident as unacceptable, while the circumstances surrounding the altercation remain subject to any further police action.
Support our Journalism
No-nonsense journalism. No paywalls. Whether you’re in Australia, the UK, Canada, the USA, or India, you can support The Australia Today by taking a paid subscription via Patreon or donating via PayPal — and help keep honest, fearless journalism alive.


